The girls and I worked for several hours making homemade Valentines to give to their friends this Thursday. We peeled and broke around 150 crayons into small pieces, melted them in a heart shaped mold in the oven (12 at a time mind you), and attached them to pieces of cardstock with messages such as "You make my heart melt, You color my world, and Have a Happy Valentine's Day for 'crayon' out loud." It was a wonderful activity that we all got involved in. One hint: Only use CRAYOLA crayons. The cheap ones just aren't as good.
It took me a while to get a system going. We found that the peeling process was difficult, so I took a sharp knife and scored the wrappers.



9 comments:
TOO CUTE! I have heard great things about that magazine..I'll have to check it out! Happy Valentine's Day to the Brinkleys!
We enjoy that magazine too. I tear out pages and file them away in a binder for when Brodie gets a little older. There are fun activities. The crayon hearts look fun!
How much fun!!! I can't wait to do activities with Mary Paul someday!!! Congrats to Sophie on the gymnastics as well.
Those are precious! Mom got me that magazine for this year. I am going to have to hang on to them for a few years until Will is old enough to do some of the things. Such cute ideas!
How neat! I'm sure their classmates will love that! We did some homemade ones too...not as neat as yours though. We cut squares w/ our "curvy" scissors out of pink paper. Then Gracie put some of my red lipstick on & kissed each sheet & wrote her name & decorated it. It was cute. Happy Valentine's Day!!
Too cute! Is one of those mine?
Love you girls, Mimi
So cute! Thanks for the Valentine. Allie really liked it. Happy Valentine's Day!
How fun! I am sure everyone enjoyed doing that. What a good idea!
They turned out adorable!! I may have to try that next year.
Post a Comment