Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Princess Sophie

Today is our precious Sophie's 7th birthday! I can hardly believe seven years have passed since the day she entered our lives. She has brought such joy and excitement to our family. There is never a dull or quiet moment when Sophie is around. Our house is so quiet when she's gone to visit a friend or her Mimi and Poppy, and we all agree that we much prefer the noise. Happy Birthday Sophie Bug!!! May you continue to dance your way through life.

We start birthdays off with a decorated doorway. We started this last year, and it was possibly the biggest memory for each of the girls. I guess it's something they'll expect every year. I can't imagine a better spent dollar.

This is usually how I find Sophie in the morning. The way she sleeps is so indicative of her attitude toward life-unconventional! Who needs pillows?

Further evidence of Sophie's individuality- This is what Sophie chose for sleep ware last night. A dance shirt and a sheer tu tu.

This is not a birthday treat. This is how Sophie is awakened every day. She downs a sippy cup (minus the valve) full of chocolate milk before she'll consider conversation. Don't you love the hair in complete disarray? THIS is Sophie! Notice Ted E. Bear next to her. He turned 6 years old today. You can see evidence of how loved he is. He has many bare spots.


See how much more civil she looks after a cup of milk? We gave money for Sophie to take to the American Girl Store in February when the girls will celebrate their birthdays jointly.


Reagan gave Sophie a card with $5 of her own money inside. What a sweet sister!


Sophie insisted that we all "scream" when we came through her doorway.


Our Birthday Princess


We joined Mimi and Poppy at Red Robin for dinner-Sophie's favorite burger joint. Mimi had the waitress bring the ice cream sundae out as soon as we arrived. Talk about spoiling the grandchildren! Oh well-That's what birthdays are for!

The Red Robin crew singing "Happy Birthday". BTW-Sophie insisted that everyone sing Happy Birthday Eve to her yesterday. She said, "There's a Christmas Eve and a New Year's Eve. Why can't there be a Birthday Eve?" She milks the birthday thing!

This is her expression while everyone sang to her. Do you think she likes attention?

I made cupcakes and took to the restaurant. Sugar overload!

I hope all your wishes come true!


Mimi and Poppy-the best grandparents!

"Away from my tiara Poppy!" Take a look at Reagan's expression. She gets a little disgusted with her sister's theatrics. She's our "straight-laced" gal.



Jason came to the house after dinner with a gift for Sophie, but her favorite thing about Jason is that he will play "Pretty Pretty Princess" with her. Too funny!

8 comments:

Mandy said...

What a wonderful tribute to Princess Sophie! I'm glad she had such a wonderful day - and I love the door decoration. Probably my best birthday memories growing up are my grandparents allowing us to completely decorate their houses for our birthday party - so I love that idea for your girls! Tell Sophie I was a little disappointed to see that she isn't sleeping with her eye pillow...what happened to it? I hope we get to see her this weekend to wish her Happy Birthday in person. Ethan keeps talking about them since he saw Reagan yesterday. Have a great weekend!

Courtney said...

Michael said to tell Romeo he missed a spot in the shower, just below his bottom lip:) Actually, he has always wanted a soul patch:) Happy Birthday Sophie!

King Family said...

Happy Birthday Sophie!! What a fun kid. She makes me smile just when I see her. I am glad she had a great birthday.

MIMI said...

Thank you for sharing your fun with us Sophie. You are our buddy. We love you too! How will we top this next month for Reagan's Birthday? We won't but we will have just as much fun.
Mimi

Maddie said...

Happy birthday Sophie!!!! We are so glad you had an awesome day!!
Love,
Maddie, Ella and Ethan

Maddie said...

Oh yeah, by the way, they were healthy cookies. I don't even have sugar in my pantry. :)

Heather said...

Wow! What a fun birthday! Chris & I are cracking up & the pics. Her sleeping position & attire are hilarious! And Jason Ray in a tiara???LOL!!!!
And in regards to Courtney's comment on the "soul patch"......we were wondering about that missed spot too!! But I guess we're not cool cuz I have to ask...what IS a soul patch???

Aimee said...

I just love your blog. You do such a great job with it, and I feel like I am there with you. Wish I was!